big pink stripy cat

Friday, December 08, 2006

my dad should be able to go home today after having his chemo yesterday. i'll ring my mum later to see how he is. i'm struddling with things at the moment and life is going by in slow motion.i know things will get worse before they get better, but having CF you kind of get use to that and take it in your stride.
When i spoke to my Dad the other day, he seemed more relieved to know what was causing him to be so ill and he told me he knew it was cancer. I told him that i loved him and i needed him to stay strong and get better, and for the first time in many , many years he said he loved me and not to get upset. he said he wasn't going anywhere and that things would be fine.
i kind of got the impression that he didn't quite understand what lay ahead for him.
Having friends around has helped and emma has been a real star. Somehow us CF's stick together through bad times even when it has nothing to do with CF. i may not be blessed with good health but i'm blessed with some good friends.
on a brighter note, Jasmine has managed to pull down the xmas tree three times and had a ball with the tinsal!! she then had a go at the lights and ran off with the sticky tape roll.
It's at low times like these I want to be out on the motorbike but sadly it's far too cold so watching Jasmine acting the goat has to do.
I'm going to try and get some sleep as I haven't slept well the last two nights mainly thinking about stuff and what the future holds. i know my dream trip to Hawaii will maybe have to wait until i know that my Dad is OK, but i hadn't planned on going until next november so by then Dad should have finished his chemo and fingers crossed the treatment will have worked. whatever happens going to hawaii is bottom of my list for now plus it means i can save abit more dosh.
Right, cup of tea then a kip I think that's if jasmine will let me!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home