big pink stripy cat

Monday, November 20, 2006

We had a really good weekend although I've felt ill. Saturday was a day spent eating and sleeping and playing with the furry ferriet. Sunday we went to Elvington airfield to thrash a lamborghini round for five laps, I got it as a gift for R's birthday. You were able to buy a lap round the airfield in an Aston Martin DB9 which I did as i love the cars. After feeling so low for a few weeks, it was great to laugh and smile again and for a split second I was just another young lady enjoying her day not poorly Ali.
I should be going into Seacroft any time soon, which I'm not pleased about but it has to be done. i can't understand why the doctor didn't listen to my reason's for not having IV's, I'm sure he thought it was because I wouldn't do them which isn't the case at all it's because I need to be monitored because of my renal failure but he didn't listen to that. I'd normally do home IV's and have by the way been told that i was very good at doing all my own treatments by a few diffferent doctors at Seacroft but now my kidneys are playing ball, i need to go in not because I'm really ill but because I need bloods taken everyday. it's kind of worring to know that I can't fall back on IV's each time my chest gets worse and have to keep telling people if they've had any colds or bugs then keep away until they are better. i'm sure that people think I'm being an arse and i don't want to see them plus I don't look like there's anything wrong with me but I've heard this story from other's with CF, old people seem to be worse as they can't understand what on earth would a young girl like you be on about( well I'm not a spring chicken, at the grand old age of 35!!)
when I went blind with my cataracts the clinic was full of old biddies waiting to have one eye doing, my sister came with me as I couldn't see and she told me that everyone was looking at me and talking about me. i thought this was because I was so young as cataracts are normally in old people but it wasn't. I had taken my toy bagpuss with me as you can understand I was very frightened, i was petting my toy cat, the old women next to us turned to my sister and said, " she looks happy stroking her cat, is she a bit simple", my sister couldn't answer the woman and her friend as she was laughing so hard but at least it lightened the mood a bit .
We live in a very strange world and I can understand why people such as myself get mad with those heartless people who think because we're not all in wheelchairs that we are all fine and dandy, never judge a book by it's cover springs to mind.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Tasha.x said…

    Hey my lovely big sister hope your feeling better soon and that those ivs sort you out. Im still really sore from getting my port out but finally home now and just taking it easy recovering. Sending you all my hugs and kisses. Take care lovely.xxxxxx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home