big pink stripy cat

Thursday, December 07, 2006

The last few days have been a nightmare. My dad has been ill for a few months now and was in hospital having tests done whilst I was in hospital. The results came through on Tuesday evening and it was the worst news in the world. my dad has Non Hodgkin lymphoma ( sorry if it's spelt wrong) and started his chemo today which will last once every two weeks for six months.
Poor Joy had to explain to my dad what it was as he hadn't understood the doctor, then she rang me at 9.30pm to tell me. I nearly dropped the phone in shock and couldn't say or do anything but cry. i kept thinking about my sister and how terrible she must have felt telling my dad.
Joy sobbed down the phone and I felt useless as I wasn't there beside her comforting her. Joy and my dad are very close and this news shattered us both.
i sat for nearly three hours sobbing my heart out with Jasmine sitting on my knee, I didn't sleep well at all and then yesterday sent an e-mail to Emmie telling her what had happened. In my message I said, " emmie I can't stop the tears" I feel " lost". Emma sent me two lovely messages back which made me feel loved and wanted and the support Emma showed me then was much more than just friends. Emma and emily have made a huge difference in my life and I treasure their friendship dearly.
I'm feeling slightly better today after speaking to my Mum, she said Dad was looking brighter today and maybe he'll be home tomorrow after seeing what his blood results were.
even though I'm not as close to him as my sister is I love him so much, well after all he's my dad. So not only will I talk about myself, my cat and what goes on in my life on my blog, I'll keep people up to date with how my dad is too. I'm trying to be strong and stay positive and in time thats all I'll be but at this moment in time I'm still in shock with it all and the tears keep coming, this is a real test of my faith and at the moment my faith in the lord is rock bottom.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:53 AM, Blogger Tasha.x said…

    Thinking about you so much darling, please be strong honey. Your daddy is in my thoughts and prayers so much honey. I hope your feeling better. Stay strong darling your such a beautiful and amazing person and your family will be so proud of you. Thinking of you always. Love you so much big sis.xxx

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Blogger Ali said…

    Thanks sweetie, finding it abit tough at the moment.Hope your OK
    love always
    Ali
    xx

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger jellyeels said…

    Ally,what can i say,infact i don't know what to say,other than i'm so,so sorry to hear about your dad.Living life is so tough,we all go through so many different things living this life.One minute everything is going great,then wham bam something happens and your at rock bottom.
    If you ever want to talk,i'm only a phone call away,or 20?miles away from you.You have helped me,so all i can do is try and help you.
    Take care,
    Shirley and a poorly Liam xXx

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger Ali said…

    Thanks Shirley
    I hope liam gets better soon as santa is on his way.
    At the moment i need time to get my head round things but if i need you i know where you are.
    love
    ali

     

Post a Comment

<< Home