big pink stripy cat

Friday, October 13, 2006

I've been busy making the bed and had help from something gray and furry( Jasmine).
After several attempts at trying to put the cover on the bed and fighting with a small gray thing biting my hands the bed got made.The jigsaw has been moved into a safe place and so far Jasmine hasn't found it but I did find another two pieces with her toy spider this morning. I also found a real dead spider near the living room window, so I guess madam moggie got to him too. Although I'm not keen on spider's I hate the thought of the poor thing seeing a gray furball coming at top speed towards it then being squished by a huge gray paw, munched a bit then spat out onto the floor in about six pieces.
My little friend Tasha is worring me, poor little chick is having a tough time, i wish I could take away the pain and upset for her . I do care very much for her and will do my best as friends do to help her smile again, I don't think people understand just how difficult life is with CF plus all the other things life seems to throw at you.At times life is very lonely even if you have loads of people around you, CF can be a pain in the bum most day's and it's like a full time job making sure you take all your tablets and do your physio so it's no wonder we have our down days.
I still find people don't understand CF i've even had people thinking it was MS I had which is something completely different and god knows how they get it so wrong when you've just spent about an hour explaining CF in the first place.
When I was little I thought CF just effected the lungs and digestive system but as you get older and understand more you realize how this dam thing effects the whole of your body.I never like to use the word hate as it's a very strong word but I do hate CF, it's made my life crap and has taken friends from me, I know other sufferer's feel the same but then I have day's where I try and do so much just so if and when the time comes that I can no longer do things I can have some great memories. The thing that's frightening me the most is the thought of going blind. When i went blind with cataracts it was only a few months but in that time i forgot what i looked like which you think wouldn't be the case , also I couldn't go out on my own and go shopping. We once went to a place where Roger was going to look at a new motorbike and we took our friend Moo, on the way Moo said to me look at those sheep over there( they had some lambs playing on a hill, i was told later) but I couldn't see them, when we got home I sobbed my heart out because I couldn't see the lambs playing, Roger said not to worry as he would look after me but that wasn't the point.
I think now I understand how Monet felt when he was loosing his sight, the thought of seeing nothing frightens me no end.
I hope my other friend Shirley is OK, she's not so good at the moment, having friends with CF is great but the hardest thing is when we get ill, but i feel that all CF sufferer's have a good strong bond and we help each other the best we can.
Well I'm going to shut up as this is getting too much right now.Jasmine is her with me pawing the keyboard so I guess she wants to say "hello" ( meow)
It's Friday the 13th( eeeeeeeeeek) so i hope I don't drop kitty litter on the floor whilst empting the tray or trip over and smack my teeth on the floor or something really daft, I'm at home today so I can't get into much bother( or can I? ).

2 Comments:

  • At 6:58 AM, Blogger jellyeels said…

    Oh Ally,you have me in tears here reading about your eyesight,everything to do with cf and other issue's are really scarey.I also hate cf at this present time after what i was put through yesterday.
    Anyway i'm much better now i can move around more freely,but am supposed to be resting but i have ants in my pants and can't sit still for longer than 2 minutes.lol

    Loads of love from me to you.
    Shirley xXx

     
  • At 8:25 AM, Blogger Tasha.x said…

    Hey special big sister
    Im not long back from the hospital ive to try keep working hard at my physio and ive got an appoitment for the phycologist next week!
    Your blog brung tears to my eyes and i had a lump in my throat. I also hate those to letters CF! People dont understand what cf is they just think it affects your lungs, i wish people knew what it actually means and how it affects you just not physically but mentally also. You've been a true friend to me and make me smile so much. I feel i can tell you anything and that means so much cos i really find it difficult to talk about my feelings inside.
    I love you with all my heart ali, u mean so much to me. Thanks for always being there Love your little sis x x x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home