big pink stripy cat

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I had a very busy day yesterday as I was at the renal unit in Leeds for my check up. My appointment wasn't until 2.30pm but transport came at 11.45am. I always get nervous about clinics, I've been like that since I was a kid, I think it's because the news is never good.
I had to wait an hour and a half before seeing the doctor and as I thought the news wasn't great. I've been going to the renal unit for nearly three years and when I first went there my kidney function was 40%, sadly it's been going downhill ever since even though it's been a slow progress. My kidney function is now down to 20% any lower then I have to go to the low cleansing unit( dialysis) which I knew would happen one day but it's still a shock.
my sister rang me as soon as I got home ( by that time it was 6pm) I wasn't going to tell her but somehow couldn't help myself. Now most people would support someone if they heard my kind of news but not my sister, she was telling me that R was no good for me and non supportive and selfish, which was uncalled for and not really what I wanted to hear. I love my sister dearly but since she got married she's changed and talks down to me.
Today is another day and it's brilliant sunshine! Jasmine has been running around the house like a manic thing, I think she's in training to do the marathon!
I'm feeling very tired and worn out, I didn't sleep too well with a thousand things going round in my noggin. I keep thinking of my friend Emily, and wondered how she coped with all the things that have happened to hear. I get strength from people like Emily, it doesn't seem to matter what life throws at them they seem to bounce back always with a smile for you, I just wish i was as brave, I'm a huge sugarpuff when it comes to needles, doctors and so on even though it's been most of my life but I've never got use to it.
On a much brighter note I got a signed photo from Johnny Depp, which made my day, I sent him a letter a month ago and told him about my CF bracelets and Emily and Emma's live life then give life campaign I didn't get a letter but at least i've got a photo!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger jellyeels said…

    Ally, i have lost your email address,as we have had to reboot the pc,so i've lost all my emails from you.So if you could email me sometime(if you've still got mine),so then i can get your email address again,then i can stay in touch with you.I hope you can make sense of this,because reading it back to myself it doesn't.

    Shirley xXx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home